Shoes From Susan has been established to provide NEW shoes to children and adults that simply cannot afford to buy them. Here is how it works:
- Contributions are made to the Shoes From Susan fund (all contributions are tax deductible and 100% of donations goes towards the purchase of new shoes)
- The Community Foundation Martin St. Lucie works through specific charities that are pre-selected in the geographic areas serviced by the Fund
- Through a partnership with DSW and Shoes From Susan gift cards are purchased
- Gift cards are shared with preselected charities for distribution (priority being given to children)
- The Community Foundation periodically collects and analyzes data to ensure that the Shoes from Susan project is on track and achieving its mission
- If you, your charity, or someone you know is in need of this service please contact the Community Foundation at (772) 288-3795 or fill out the Contact Form on this website for further assistance.