Shoes From Susan has been established to provide NEW shoes to children and adults that simply cannot afford to buy them. Here is how it works:
- Contributions are made to the Shoes From Susan fund (all contributions are tax-deductible and 100% of donations go towards the purchase of new shoes)
- All contributions to Shoes From Susan go through The Community Foundation Martin St. Lucie. The Community Foundation is a philanthropic organization in Florida focused on improving the quality of life in Martin and St. Lucie counties, and beyond. They manage charitable funds contributed by individuals, families, businesses, and organizations, and distribute grants to address community needs. The foundation offers personalized giving solutions and supports a wide range of causes, while also fostering collaboration and providing resources to local nonprofits. Their goal is to inspire generosity, create positive change, and build a thriving community.
- Through a partnership with Shoe Show or DSW, Shoes From Susan gift cards are ordered and sent to charity for distribution.
- Gift cards are shared with preselected charities for distribution (priority being given to children)
- The Community Foundation periodically collects and analyzes data to ensure that the Shoes from Susan project is on track and achieving its mission
- If you, your charity, or someone you know is in need of this service please contact the Community Foundation at (772) 288-3795 or fill out the Contact Form on this website for further assistance.